7 Practical Ways to Acquiring Knowledge about Islam“Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every muslim” [Sunan Ibn Majah].
1. Time management- it may be that on Saturday and Sunday after fajar you have a few hours free. fill that time by attending the kuliah subuh.commonly say in the business world, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail”. it’s better you fill your time with something beneficial before Shaitaan gets a chance to distract you.
2. Invest in a CD or other electronic deviceThis is very useful for those who have little time available Look for a beautiful recitation of the Qur’an to listen to regularly. This should increase your love for the Qur’an, help correct your recitation of Qur’an and help prevent us from sin. Sakeenah and contentment is one of the greatest blessings we can receive through the recitation of the Qur’an.
3. Pick out a small area to focus onremain consistent in seeking knowledge even by just a little bit on a regular basis
4. Stay connected with the Muslim worldkeep yourself close to Islam through hearing and seeing it in different media .... youtube, facebook etc
5. Dedicate a specific time for acquiring knowledgeThis can be done daily or a few selected days in the week, depending on your schedule e.g. the weekend. but try to ensure you are constant with this.
6. Pick an entertaining topic to start withlearning about the prophets - Not only will you learn about the miracles that they experienced, you will also learn about the great abilities and etc. Insha-Allah, from this, we hope Allah (glorified and exalted be He) will give us a thirst for knowledge which brings us closer to Him and Islam.
7. Keep on making dua to Allah-to help you achieve this objectiveA dua you can constantly recite to help with this is:
“Allahumma inni aoothubika minal hammi wal hazni, wal ajzi wal kasali, wal bukhli, wal Jubni, wa dala’id-dayni wa ghalabatir-rijal”
(‘Ya Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being overpowered by men’).“Rabbi Zidni Ilma” (“O my Lord! Increase me in knowledge)